CONVERGENCE of HUMANS and MACHINES project at the Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences is looking for a Doctoral Researcher to work on the topic of AI/Human-generated worlds: Merging psychophysiology and machine learning for creating virtual realities. Each student will be supervised by two leading senior faculty members (and, sometimes, a PostDoc or company/organization representative). The main supervisor and the co-supervisor are from different research fields: ENG and SSH. Acting as supervisors are e.g. Pauliina Hulkko and Riku Roihankorpi.
We are looking for a Doctoral Researcher in artistic research, to specifically pursue the research towards “Technologically Augmented Embodiment in Contemporary Theatre and Performance” (Cybernetics) field. Full-time doctoral studies are expected to be completed in four years. Supervisors are Professor Pauliina Hulkko, (main supervisor, theatre arts), Professor Jukka Vanhala, (co-supervisor, electronics), Senior Research Fellow D.A. Davide Giovanzana (theatre arts), Docent Ismo Rakkolainen (information technology) and External co-supervisor, CEO, D.A. Mikko Kanninen (Tampere Theatre).
Technologically Augmented Embodiment in Contemporary Theatre and Performance
And we are also looking for a Doctoral Researcher in the area of creative industries and machine learning to pursue a doctorate in the field of “AI/Human-generated worlds: Merging psychophysiology and machine learning for creating virtual realities”. Full-time doctoral studies are expected to be completed in four years. Supervisors are University Lecturer Riku Roihankorpi, Professor Moncef Gabbouj, Professor Juho Hamari, Postdoctoral Research Fellow Mila Bujić.
AI/Human-generated Worlds: Merging Psychophysiology and Machine Learning for Creating Virtual Realities
The list of all open positions:
- AI/Human-generated Worlds: Merging Psychophysiology and Machine Learning for Creating Virtual Realities
- Human and Machine Perception of Affect in Speech
- The Future of Human Augmentation in Games
- Ethical Issues in Pervasive Gamified Software, Datafication, Metrification, and Algorithmic Control of Human Practice
- Digital Experience Ecology of Societal Value
- Augmented Awareness of Contextual Information
- Technologically Augmented Embodiment and Contemporary Theatre Performance
- Games & Play for Posthumans
- Young People and Future Technology: New Ways to Decrease Social Isolation and to Increase Social Interaction (YouthTech)
- XR in the Wild – Wireless Technology and the Future of Human Environmental Experiences
- Combining IoT Sensors and Machine Learning to Detect Emotions and Social Experiences
- Second Skin – A Wireless Artificial Cutaneous Sensing System
- The Influence of Algorithms or Bots on Political Communication in Social Media
- Explanations, Fairness, and Interactivity of Recommendations
- Robots as Companions to Support Life-Long Wellness
- Socially-Aware Machine Perception
Read more about 16 open doctoral positions and supervisory team details here: http://tuni.fi/convergence