In the Finnish educational system, all master’s students conduct a scientific research project and publish a master’s thesis towards the end of their studies. TACC-GH offers supervision and a possibility to carry out a global health related thesis project to all of its own master’s students and also some individuals who are registered as students elsewhere at Tampere University or other universities. Students who are interested in such an arrangement should contact the Global Health Group for further discussions.
Members of the Global Health Group have earlier also offered a 2-year Master’s Degree Program in Health Sciences (International Health). That program is currently on halt but there is a related Master’s Degree Program in Public and Global Health, offered by the Faculty of Social Sciences at the Tampere University.
Completed Master’s Theses
- Juho Luoma. Finite mixture models in comparison to k-means clustering in both simulated and real world data, 2019. (In Faculty of Information Technology and Communication Sciences)
- Peter Harmony Phiri. Effect of complementary feeding of lipid-based nutrient supplements on appetite in 6- to 18-month-old rural Malawian children, 2017.
- Sali Hafez. The association of dental caries and periapical lesion with anthropometric measurements in postpartum women in Mangochi, Malawi, 2017.
- Riina Komonen. Mother’s perception of her child’s growth in rural Malawi, 2016.
- Enita Phiri. Impact of lipid based nutrient supplements (LNS) on child sleep in rural Malawi, RCT, 2016.
- Juha Pyykkö. Malawilaisten lasten pituuskasvun mallintaminen sekamallein, 2014. (In School of Information Sciences)
- William Garbrah. Acculturation and the health behavior of Vietnamese, Somalis, Estonians and Russians living in Finland in 2002, 2011.
- Eeva Matsuuke. Female genital mutilation (FGM) and its future among Somali women in Finland, 2011.
- Noora Hinkka. Salmonella Infections Acquired Abroad and Detected in Finland, 1995-2009, 2011.
- John Njuma Libwea. The introduction of the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine into Cameroon’s expanded programme on immunisation: Would every child be reached? 2011.
- Shadia Gaily. Occupational therapy among immigrant children in Finland. A study based on the medical rehabilitation register of Kela in 2003-2008, 2010.
- Mika Hyrynen. Travelling at my own risk? – A study to evaluate travel health related knowledge, attitudes and risk taking, 2010.
- Heidi Sintonen. Nicaraguan migration and the prevalence of adolescent childbearing in Costa Rica. MHS Thesis, University of Tampere, 2009.
- Rizwan Khan. Knowlwdge of clinical case management of IMNCI among trained and untrained primary health care personnel in Pakistan. MHS Thesis, University of Tampere, 2009.
- Anna Pulakka. What, when and from whom. Healthcare providers’ views to infectious diseases screening practices of immigrants in Finland. MHS Thesis, University of Tampere, 2009.
- Maija Kinnula. Hospital-associated infections in pediatric patients. MHS Thesis, University of Tampere, 2009.
- Ulla Harjunmaa. Current growth patterns of 0-4 years old children living in Tampere, Finland. MHS Thesis, University of Tampere, 2009.
- Fidaim Gashi. Seeking healthcare in the home country: Reasons given by Kosovar and Russian migrants living in Finland, and by Finns living abroad, 2009.
- Chrissie Thakwalakwa. The relative validity of a structured interactive 24-hour dietary recall method in estimating energy and nutrient intakes in 16-month old rural Malawian children. MPH thesis, University of Malawi, 2007.
- MacDonald Ndekha. The dietary intake of pregnant women in rural Malawi – a cohort study. MSc thesis, Department of Nutrition, University of Uppsala, 1999.