The operation of the HoPES Research Unit requires extensive cooperation and networking with other researchers. Key partners include international demographic history databases and other domestic projects related to demographic history and living conditions.
- Centre for Demographic and Ageing Research (CEDAR), Umeå University.
- International Institute of Social History (IISH) and its database The Historical Sample of the Netherlands (HSN)
- The Scanian Economic Database (SEDD), Lund University.
Partners in Finland
- Genealogical Society of Finland (SSS)
- Finland’s Family History Association (SSHY)
- Economic and Social History, University of Helsinki
- Department of History and Ethnology, University of Jyväskylä
Past and Future Conferences
Our unit participates in conferences in the fields of economic, social and demographic history.
- European Historical Economics Society Conference, 2017, Tübingen, Germany
- Social Science History Association Conference (SSHA) in Montreal, Canada 2017.
- European Social Science History Conference (ESSHC) in Belfast, Ireland 2018.
- World Economic History Conference in Boston 29 July – 3 August 2018.
- Social Science History Association Conference (SSHA) in Phoenix 8-11 November 2018.
- European Society for Historical Demography (ESHD) in Pécs, Hungary 26-29 June 2019.
- European Historical Economics Society Conference 2019, Paris, France
- Social Science History Association Conference (SSHA) in Chicago November 2019.
- European Social Science History Conference (ESSHC) in Leiden in 2020.
- World Economic History Conference (ESSHC) in Paris July 25 – 30, 2021.