Photo: Jonne Renvall
Text: Hanna Vuorenpää
Prof. Minna Kellomäki (Group leader, Biomaterials Tissue Engineering Group) and PhD Hanna Vuorenpää (Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Adult Stem Cell Group) are giving presentations related to replacement of animal experiments in the first Replacement workshop organized by the Finnish 3R Centre at 24th of October 2022 in University of Helsinki. Recently established FIN3R (the 3R Centre Finland) is a cooperation forum for universities, research institutes, authorities, and industry to promote the 3Rs in research and education.
You are warmly welcome to a one-day workshop to follow state-of-the-art Replacement activities in Finland and to join in drafting an action plan for the coming years; what is needed and what FIN3R Centre should do. Although the area we will tackle is Replacement i.e. all non-animal methods and strategies, everyone is invited to the University of Helsinki, Porthania, 24.10.2022 9-15 o´clock. You can find the program of the workshop below.
Also remote participation to the workshop is possible. All participants are requested to register by 17.10.2022. You can find more information on the FIN3R Centre, the workshop and the
registration form in here.
Program (9am – 15pm)
9:00-9:30 Coffee and tea
- Welcome and Aim of the workshop: Tuula Heinonen – 10 min
- FIN3R: Dario Greco – 15 min
- Towards animal-free cell culture: Hanna Vuorenpää – 30 min
- Can Organ organ-on-a chip be utilized to replace animal experiments: Minna Kellomäki – 30 min
- Patient-derived cancer cell models for functional precision medicine studies: Vilja Pietiläinen – 30 min
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch break
- Regulatory perspective: Minna Leppänen – 30 min
- Readiness of Next Generation Risk Assessment: Commission, OECD, EU Parliament perspectives Tuula Heinonen – 30 min
- Discussions: What FIN3R from in vitro scientist´s point of view should do? Need and possible topics for seminars and workshops, AOB