Research Network for Justice, Space and Society (JUSTSPACES)
Critical and qualitative research on rights, justice, and everyday democracy in urban contexts.
JUSTSPACES is an active research network at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Tampere University. We are part of the University’s profiling area Sustainable Transformation of Urban Environments (STUE).
Our current research topics include:
- rights and responsibilities to public space;
- socially sustainable and just cities;
- everyday democracy and participation;
- legal and moral geographies;
- everyday urban life;
- urban marginalization;
- suburban neighbourhoods;
- governing and controlling urban space;
- urban politics and planning.