Research with strong practical emphasis
The Graduate School in Industrial Wood Construction is an interdisciplinary working platform inside the faculty of the built environment where our dissertation researchers produce new information for the field.
The graduate school works closely with companies and other educational institutions in the field.
The graduate school creates new research knowledge that companies and public sector organizations can use to develop industrial wood construction. We conduct both experimental and theoretical research in three areas: civil engineering, architecture and construction economy.
The graduate school is funded by the following parties:
- Faculty of Built Environment, Tampere University
- Yrjö and Senja Koskinen Foundation
- Ministry of the Environment
- Foundation for Quality of Construction Products (Rakennustuotteiden Laatu Säätiö)
- Puumiesten ammattikasvatussäätiö
- Companies in the steering group