Tampere Wear Center (TWC) has excellent infrastructure for wear research, as well as highly qualified scientists and research engineers for the needs of both long-term scientific research and product development for the industry.
TWC research equipment (pdf) and more information in the infrastucture webpages (link)
- Wear testing: Pin-on-disk/Ball-on-disk, Crushing pin-on-disk, Uniaxial crusher, Dual pivoted jaw crusher, Impeller-tumbler, High-speed slurry-pot type erosion tester, Erosion tester, Slurry erosion-corrosion tester, Cavitation erosion tester, High velocity particle impactor, Ball-on-block, Hammer mill, Single disc refiner, Block-on-ring, Rubber wheel abrasion testers, etc.
- Tribology and machine elements test rigs: Test rigs for journal, thrust, and rolling bearings, FZG, Twin-disc test rig, Mini traction machine, Fretting wear and fatigue test rigs, Large-scale rotating beam fatigue machine, Vibration Testing, etc.
- Ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification (UNSM)
- Other research infrastructures at Engineering Materials Science
- Electron microscopes (FEG-SEM, FIB-SEM, TEM) available at Tampere Microscopy Center