Sustainable Materials for Photonics and Health Technology
Our Research Group
Precision Nanomaterials Group is a multidisciplinary team of researchers at the interface of materials science and biomedical sciences. We focus on efficiently controlling the structure and properties with the highest possible precision. We develop Lab-on-a-chip-based sustainable in vitro preclinical models for personalized and precision breast cancer disease and diagnostic platforms. We fabricate bio-based short-distance optical fibers and microlasers in the optics and photonics areas. We are specialized in advanced electron microscopy imaging, including cryogenic transmission electron microscopy (Cryo-TEM), electron tomography, and in situ electron microscopy. For more information, see our Research Page and Publications.
- To educate and train young researchers to develop multi-, and transdisciplinary knowledge, skills, and attitudes
- To engage in biomaterial-based innovative solutions for the photonics, optoelectronics, and health technology
- To design and engineer sustainable in vitro disease and diagnostic models for breast cancer
- To develop sustainable alternatives for fossil-based raw materials
- To implement advanced imaging and image processing tools to study nanoscale dynamics