The main research idea of Trivium is to focus on the longue durée perspective, studying various phenomena from Antiquity to the Middle Ages and early modern era. Our work challenges traditional borders between periods and combines elements from social and cultural history as well as from economic and political history. This ambitious viewpoint has also opened up new collaborating possibilities with the studies focusing on modern history.
Our central research themes include:
- Religion, society, and everyday life
- Childhood, family, life cycle
- Health, illness, dis/ability, healing
- Cultural interaction and conflicts
- Communication and networks