Chairman: Professor Vasco Peixoto de Freitas, University of Porto, Portugal
The commission’s objectives are:
- To explore the phenomena of heat, moisture, air and salts transfer in buildings, components and materials and to formulate laws governing the physics involved.
- To define, measure and discuss the hygrothermal properties of materials and building components.
- To discuss the ventilation and hygrothermal behaviour of buildings.
- To apply the acquired knowledge to the design, execution and maintenance of buildings.
- To transfer research information to knowledge of heat, moisture, air and salts.
The commission W040 has around 60 members from Austria, Belgium, Canada, Chile, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, India, Iran, Israel, Italy, Lithuania, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, and UK.
Publication: Heat, air and moisture transfer terminology – Parameters and concepts, for more information see Publications
See also the homepage.