Using different modelling software, calculation analyses can be done to study the behaviour of both structures and buildings in desired indoor and outdoor climate conditions. The research group mainly uses the following modelling software:
- WUFI 1D–2D (www.wufi.de/en)
- Delphin 2D–3D (bauklimatik-dresden.de)
- Comsol Multiphysics 1D–3D (www.comsol.com)
- IDA-ICE (www.equa.se/en)
Computational analyses can be used in studying the following:
- U-value of a structure
- hygrothermal behaviour of structures
- thermal and moisture conditions of indoor air
- energy consumption of buildings
- analyzing air flow
The performance of the modelling software in different situations is constantly assessed. In addition to general calculation methods, the research group also utilizes an analysis method for moisture performance. The method was developed by the group during several different research projects in the last 20 years. The group cooperated with other research institutes in the subprojects related to the development work.
More information about calculation modelling from Juha Vinha and Anssi Laukkarinen.